AZ & Surrounding Region
30% Travel Required
Build leading energy solutions with BrightNight.
BrightNight delivers innovative, cost-efficient renewable power systems to high-growth energy markets worldwide. Our industry-leading experts design hybrid, dispatchable, renewable power solutions specifically tailored to customer needs. We implement the most current, cutting-edge technologies the carbon-alternative power sector has to offer—at the highest value and lowest cost.
Our team’s expertise, knowledge, and strong financial partnerships have established BrightNight as an emerging leader in the renewable power industry. The demand for our services and solutions requires team players who thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment, are creative problem solvers, and seek personal and professional growth by working closely with industry leaders. We want the best minds in renewable power to join our team, and we have an immediate need for a Development Manager, Southwest Region.
Your impact at BrightNight
As a Development Manager, you will lead BrightNight’s hybrid (solar/wind and storage) renewable project development opportunities. Drawing on proven organizational skills and planning expertise, you will oversee project development work in Arizona, Utah, and other parts of the Southwestern U.S. You will draft project-specific plans, timelines, and cost analyses from inception to financial close to drive on-schedule and on-budget project delivery. You will build positive, productive relationships with local landowners, permitting agencies, customer representatives, and internal BrightNight teams, establishing yourself as a community liaison and resource for project development through all phases.
Key leadership responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of utility scale solar photovoltaic development assets
- Follow leads on current market intelligence to identify new PV and PV+S greenfield development opportunities
- Assist the internal origination team to identify both utility and C&I power off-takers, prioritize and respond to RFPs, and structure power product offerings in support of RFPs and direct sales
- Travel within Southwestern U.S. to identify potential project sites, perform feasibility reviews, and assess development risks
- Initiate and expand relationships with appropriate government, regulatory, commercial, industrial, and utility officials to understand project approval process, electric rates and regulations, and incentives structures
- Represent BrightNight before permitting agencies, in pre-application meetings, and in public land hearings; act as an overall community liaison between the project and the company
- Verify required price inputs and collaborate with finance department to develop, maintain, and optimize project economics
- Consult engineering and supply chain resources to evaluate new technologies and engineering services companies
Critical project development tasks
- Work with landowners to acquire site control
- Track and identify any changes to federal and state regulatory environments and adjust strategy as necessary
- Establish corresponding interconnection queue positions
- Coordinate the electric interconnection process with internal interconnection team
- Develop, lead, and implement project permitting and entitlement using available internal and external resources
- Secure necessary roadway and transmission gen-tie easements and access rights
- Produce project budgets, schedules, risk assessments and stage gate approvals
- Acquire internal approvals and funding through each phase of projects
- Support the negotiation of equipment supply and construction agreements, as needed
- Lead project hand-off to internal construction and operations team for fully permitted and designed projects
Required qualifications & skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in successful utility-scale power generation project development, with the ability to lead projects from inception through financial close
- Solid understanding of energy, capacity, ancillary service, and utility markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior WECC experience preferred, with involvement in renewable energy projects
- Battery-storage knowledge is preferred, but not required
We’re paving the way for global decarbonization. Let’s work together.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.